Chicago’s Navy Pier is a fabulous convention center, mall, carnival, theater, riverfront, and you name it. One thing it is not is a hotel, but there are many fine hotels within walking distance of the Pier.
From the Navy Pier website, here are its handy FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions about Event Planning
1. Is there a main point of contact for sales so I can book a future event with one person?
You can always call the Sales Department’s general number at 312-595-5300 and a sales person will be sure to contact you with future availability.
2. Can I bring my own caterer into the venue?
Chicago Signature Services (CSS) is the exclusive caterer for all Navy Pier special events. Navy Pier is host to many ethnic events throughout the year and will work with you on your ethnic menu (i.e. Indian, Kosher, etc.). Requests for exhibitor amenities such as logo bottled water, hard candies, and sample products can be made in writing to your Catering Manager. Please inquire with your Catering Manager for more details.
3. I need to ship packages for an event scheduled at Navy Pier, where can I send it?
We are unable to accept advance freight shipments for exhibitors or show management. Freight may be consigned to the official show contractor or the exhibitor’s show contractor in advance of an event or it may be delivered directly to the show contractor at Navy Pier on move-in days.
4. What is the cost for labor?
Depending on the labor that is required for the event, the cost will vary. No event is the same.
5. If I have buses for my event, where will the event attendees be dropped off?
Most buses will drop off at Entrance 2, if their event is in one of our venues.
6. Where do buses stage at Navy Pier?
There is no staging at Navy Pier. Our marshalling yard is located 31st Parking Lot (one block west of Lake Shore Drive. As an alternative, buses can stage on Elston Avenue between Potomac Avenue and LeMoyne Street.
- 1200 South Canal Street (except Sundays) – parking available only on the east side of
Canal Street, south of Roosevelt Road
- 420 South Franklin Street
- Clybourn Avenue at Division Street
- McCormick Place Marshalling Yard
Click here for Motorcoach information.
7. What are the height restrictions for the East and West Garages?
The West garage is 6ft. 3 in., and East garage is 7ft. 9in.
8. Where can I park when I drive to Navy Pier?
Navy Pier’s on-site parking garages accommodate 1,740 vehicles. Please click here Parking, for detailed information on Navy Pier garages and prices.
9. Where can I get a taxi?
There is a taxi line formed throughout the day at the front of the Pier. There are cab phones available at Entrance 1 and 2.
10. How do I get to Navy Pier?
Click here for information about “Getting Here!”
11. I have an event in Festival Hall or the Grand Ballroom, where should I be dropped off?
Once you have arrived to Navy Pier, there is only one road leading you toward the East End, proceed down the North Dock to Entrance 2, which is the farthest drop off point at Navy Pier.
12. If I wanted to buy Pier Park tickets in conjunction with my event, who do I need to speak to?
Your Sales or Event Manager will gladly assist you in securing group tickets for Pier Park.
13. Does the trolley service run all year long?
Yes. Trolley hours vary based on time of year or events held at Navy Pier. Please click here to view current hours.
14. How do I report or claim lost property?
Click here to complete the claim form. We will contact you within 48 hours during the standard business work week (Monday through Friday).
15. Is there a general information number for Navy Pier?
Our general number is 312-595-PIER or 1-800-595-PIER.
16. Where is the food court?
Located at the front of the Pier in the Family Pavilion.
There are many different venues within the Navy Pier.